We've received some further clarification regarding the lockdown not covered in our earlier email, which we'd like to share with you:
- Staff will attend on-site as normal to support and supervise the children of essential workers still attending school, and to further plan for their Term 2 lessons.
- Please be aware your child may not be supervised by their regular classroom teacher across these three days.
- There is no requirement for schools to provide online learning during this three-day lockdown. However, parents and students at home are able to access a wide range of resources via the department’s Learning@home website.
- Students on-site during this period will not be required to wear face masks.
- During this time all on-site sports and extracurricular activities will also be postponed (this does not apply to OSHC).
A reminder to please continue to monitor the Queensland Health website for affected locations. If you have been to any of the listed locations you should refer to the online self-assessment, get tested, isolate immediately, and contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) if you have any questions.
As always, if you are unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms at all, please get tested immediately.
I will continue to provide any further updates as needed.
We look forward to bringing our whole school community back together again and resuming our normal school operations in Term 2. Please stay safe and enjoy your Easter holiday break.
Thank you for your patience as we sought clarification regarding the arrangements for the coming days.
Our school arrangements are as follows (please read carefully to the end):
As per Government advice, schools will be closed for the next three days (Tuesday – Thursday), EXCEPT FOR children we deem vulnerable and the children of ESSENTIAL WORKERS. Children of ESSENTIAL WORKERS are children who are not able to be supervised at home and no other arrangements can be made. Essential worker means any worker who must continue to attend their workplace for essential business during this time.
We will return to drop offs and pick-ups at school gates, and these will be staffed again for the next three days.
Any children who are attending school in the next three days should aim to arrive at school as close to 8.45am as possible (except if they are attending OSHC) and go straight to the NEW HALL – where teachers will be there to mark roles and supervise.
IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE ATTENDING SCHOOL ON ANY ONE (OR ALL) OF THE NEXT THREE DAYS, – please complete a survey VIA THE QKR! app as soon as possible (prior to 7am, Tuesday 30 March).
Please do not complete this survey if your child/ren will not be at school during the lockdown period. You will not need to ring or email the absentee line during this period.
- Open the QKR App
- Go to LOCKDOWN MENU
- Click on Lockdown attendance 30 March – 1 April
- Select your child's profile
- Select Lockdown student attendance
- Choose which days your child will attend school during the lockdown period.
- ADD TO CART
- CHECK OUT *THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT*
- SUBMIT PAYMENT Ensure you complete the transaction (it will be a $0.00 amount)
- If you have more than one child attending school during the lockdown period, please ensure you submit a survey for each child.
A note from OSHC: OSHC will be operating our regular before and after school care sessions this week for children of essential workers during lockdown. Please either email OSHC or submit your bookings for this week via the Xplor app.
Where parents / carers do need to enter the main school grounds, you are required to wear a mask and leave the school and its surrounds immediately after you have picked up your child/ completed your business.
All adults must wear masks when in public, as per the QLD Health directive.
All school events planned for the next three days are postponed until next term, including: Crazy Hair Day, and Harmony Day.
Thank you for your understanding.