Sherwood State School offers many opportunities for voluntary work.
Our volunteers provide valuable assistance across a wide range of activities across the school.
Below is a list of some of the ways you can help:-
- Prep - year 2 classroom assistance
- Classroom teachers will communicate volunteering opportunities with parents.
- Ready Readers Prep - Year 3
- This is a Dept. of Education program which trains parents and community members to volunteer in schools to support children's reading. Ready Reader sessions are a one on one supported reading session for students in Prep - Year 3.
- Ready Reading volunteers undergo training to learn about
- the components of reading;
- how to support a child with reading;
- strategies to develop independent reading skills.
- Cross Country and Sports Days
- Fete and other fundraising activities
- Year 6 Graduation
All volunteers, contractors and visitors must complete annual mandatory training. This must be done every year, one of the following ways:-
- Read and complete this document - mandatory_training_key_messages_guide.pdf
- a paper copy of the mandatory training is available from the office; or
- paper copies are available from Prep and Year 1 classrooms.
Volunteers are required to sign in and out via the QR code in the office.