Good morning families,
The Brisbane City Council is keen to ensure Year 6 students are ready to travel safely to school, excursions or sport by providing us with half hour Bus Buzz sessions. The Bus Buzz program equips students with the practical skills they need to catch a bus confidently and safely.
Topics to be covered include:
- Preparing for a bus trip and boarding the bus safely
- Paying the right fare and using a go card
- Appropriate behaviour on the bus
- What to do if someone is unwell or feels unsafe
- What will happen in an emergency situation
- How to safely cross the road after getting off the bus
The sessions will be held during class time between 9:30am and 11:00am on Monday 10 October. No action is required from parents for your child to participate.