Great news! The clean-up of our school can now begin.
We invite all families who have the capacity to assist at our school this afternoon (Wednesday 2 March) and tomorrow (Thursday 3 March). The main priority will be to remove the mud from all surfaces, including pressure cleaning walkways, seating areas, and outside classrooms.
Wednesday 2 March
- Any families available to give us a couple of hours from 2pm today should enter the school via the Hall Street gates (near the crossing);
- Please bring gloves, protective shoes, masks, shovels, wheelbarrows, cleaning equipment and buckets;
- Today’s focus is the Junior Outdoor Space on Hall Street;
- Please note our grounds are not safe yet for students to be playing on – so clean up support with small children may prove difficult, and should be reconsidered;
- Anyone who can bring a petrol pressure cleaner with them, that would be brilliant!
Thursday 3 March
- Any families available to give us a couple of hours any time tomorrow from 8am;
- Please enter the school via the Hall Street gates (near the crossing) or Sherwood Road and report to the New Hall first to sign- in and get direction around where to start;
- Our focus will be the sports storage shed, the groundsman’s shed and all of the other paths and cement spaces.
For safety reasons, and we kindly ask you to bring all your own PPE, including gumboots, gloves, hats and sunscreen. Our preference is for petrol-operated pressure cleaners, so please bring these along if you can assist.
Staff will be in the New Hall to offer parents some snacks and drinks throughout the day and we are hoping to have the donated supply of uniforms there for families who need them. Some OSHC staff will also be onsite in the hall on Thursday to help supervise any children who come along with parents.
We understand there are a number of Sherwood families who have been severely impacted by flooding and ongoing power outages, and our thoughts are with you as our community enters the recovery stage. We hope each of you have experienced the support of another Sherwood family, and if you still need assistance, we encourage you to call out for help on our recent Facebook post.
We look forward to re-opening the school and welcoming all families back as soon as the clean-up is complete. Please note, not all areas of the school (eg. the oval or the pool) will be accessible even when the school opens, so please keep to the paths until students are instructed otherwise.
Thank you for your support. Together we will have Sherwood SS back up and running in no time.
As always, please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Sherwood State School