Good afternoon families,
Great news! Sherwood State School will soon be providing our parent community with the opportunity to register for QParents.
The QParents web and mobile application provides a more convenient, easier way for parents and legal guardians of Queensland state school students to interact with their child's school. Parents will have secure, online access to
their child's student information, anytime, anywhere, through a smartphone, tablet or computer.
QParents allows parents to connect instantly with their child's school to access and manage their child's student information, including:
• Attendance and absence details, as well as the ability to notify the school of an absence;
• Behaviour information;
• Academic report cards;
• Viewing unpaid invoice details, payment history, and making payments online;
• Viewing and updating personal student details, including medical conditions and address;
• Enrolment details;
• Upcoming events list showing school events and excursions.
QParents will assist both staff and parents in sharing and responding to information in an efficient and effective way. It won't replace the traditional ways you communicate with our school, but it will provide another way to
communicate with us.
The benefits of QParents
• Convenience and time-savings for parents;
• Parents can view or update their child's details, pay invoices and report absences without having to call the school or come into the office;
• Secure 24/7 online access;
• Available anytime, anywhere — access QParents on your smart phone, tablet or computer on a web browser or using the app (iPhone or Android);
• Greater transparency of information;
• Improves accountability between parents and schools by providing parents with timely access to their child's information online;
• Allows parents to engage more deeply in their child's schooling;
• Improved administration efficiencies for schools;
• Allows schools to streamline their administrative processes and cut down on printing.
Registering for QParents
Next week (week beginning 13 March), we will be sending out emails inviting parents or guardians to become a QParents Account Owner (QPAO) for their student with a unique invitation code. When you receive your invitation email, simply follow the instructions to register your QParents account. The process should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Initial registration and addition of students to your account must be done on a desktop or laptop computer. Once registered, you will then be able to access QParents using your mobile device (via web browser or by downloading the iPhone or Android App). Invitations sent by email will only ever come from email@example.com. You will not be invited to register from any other email address or organisation.
If you do not want to register, you may advise us not to send you any more invitations, and your child's student information will not be available to anyone through QParents. Or, if you want another parent to be the QPAO, you
can advise us and we will send them an invitation email or letter with their own unique invitation code.
What is a QParents Account Owner (QPAO)?
The school will nominate parents or legal guardians for each student to be QParents Account Owners (QPAOs). QPAOs will be able to register for QParents to access and manage the student's information online, view the
student's information and submit requests to update some of the student's details. QPAOs will also be able to invite other people (such as another family member), to view the student's information. Once invited, these people can register for QParents as “delegated viewers". A delegated viewer can see the
student's details, but cannot make updates.
To obtain full access to student information, as part of their QParents registration, users must complete an identity verification process. QParents offers two options for identity verification – online and offline. For fully online verification (the fastest option), you will need to verify 100 points of the following identity documents online:
• Australian Passport 50 pts
• Australian Driver Licence 50 pts
• Australian Birth Certificate 50 pts
• Australian Marriage Certificate 40 pts
• Australian Citizenship Certificate 40 pts
• Change of Name Certificate 40 pts
• Medicare Card 20 pts
• Australian Visa (foreign passports) 20 pts
Full instructions on how to verify your documents will be provided as part of the invitation and registration process. If you don't have sufficient documents, or are unsure, you may still be able to register. Please contact the school or 13 QGOV to discuss your options. For more information regarding the online identity verification process, click here.
Please note that QParents does not maintain copies or records of any identity documents used for account verification, either online or offline.
Where does the information about my child come from?
All of the information that is presented in QParents comes from the IT system that is used by all Queensland state schools. Schools will continue to manage student information in this system, and this information will be extracted
and presented in QParents.
Will my child's information be secure?
Yes. QParents is a secure portal that meets strict industry standards. Only people with the right to access information about their child will be given an account; no one else. If you don't want to register for QParents, your account will not be created and your child's information will not be made available through QParents.
Help and contact information
For more information, click here.
For help, visit https://qparents.qld.edu.au/#/help or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).